Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Non-Story Post: Questions? Anyone? Anyone?

As you may have seen me mention elsewhere, I am putting together a collected volume of the first thirty entries of Mallville. I plan to release this as a PDF that can be easily distributed to friends and enemies, and will allow people who have not read it to get the first half of the tale in one convenient package.

Ah, but you're reading this, which means that you've likely already read all of this online, so what's in it for you? Well, it's true that this is not a rewrite (although there are some mistakes being corrected in it), but there are going to be some extras:

1. There will be a sort of "deleted scenes" section of stuff that I wrote, didn't use, but couldn't bear to actually delete for reasons that are no longer clear to me.

2. The text of the original "Mallville" that was submitted to, and read on, "Air Out My Shorts", as well a second "Mallville" short that I never sent in, opting to just write a book instead.

3. The bit that I'm going to need your help with. I want to write a Question and Answers section. If you have questions about "Mallville - A Journal of the Zombie Apocalypse" this is your chance to get them answered. Wondering about a character's motivations? Did you spot a potential continuity error? Did something just not make sense to you? I'll answer pretty much anything you ask provided it's something that I can answer, and it does not spoil the events of what will eventually make up volume two.

You can submit your questions in whatever way is easiest for you; Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, Geeks, XBox Live, or even leave them here on this post. Also, please tell me how you would like to be credited in the the Q&A sections (first name only, first and last name, username, gamertag, etc). I have received a few questions already, but as this will be the definitive version of the first draft I would like as many questions as possible (these will also help me in the rewriting process to produce a better final story for you all)

It is unlikely that I will be able to get "Mallville - A Journal of the Zombie Apocalypse: The Collected Volume 1" done before going into NaNoWriMo mode, but I do hope to get it out to you all in December (burnt to disc, it will make a nice stocking stuffer). Thanks for reading!

No comments: